7 Best Blogging Platforms for Beginners to Start a Blog for Free
This write-up is designed for those trying to start a blog for free. You’ll want to end up with the best blogging site that’s easy to use, easily customizable, and easy for your reader to see!
Thinking of giving your opinion on the web? Or even trying to earn a good income by writing their opinions on the Internet sector at large? By the way, there are many types of free blogging sites available for you to start a blog. Of course, which best blog platform you choose is entirely up to you and your needs.
Listed below are brief articles about the 7 best blogging platforms that will help you decide which one to choose when trying to start a blog for free.
7 Best Blogging Platforms to Compare
Is WordPress the best blogging platform?
Almost all bloggers and current bloggers may have heard of WordPress during their blogging journey or at least during their research. In this campaign, anyone is obliged to hesitate for a minute before choosing between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
WordPress.com is more for users who are looking for free blogging sites while WordPress.org requires user hosting, which means that you will have to spend a few bucks to get the most out of it, but it will cost you Gives the right to obtain full ownership of it. your blog.
- Very good content management system.
- WordPress.org is an open-source website builder that adds to its flexibility.
- A variety of topics make it highly customizable for bloggers. Here definitely benefits more for WordPress.org
- There are many free plugins available for WordPress.org that give you a lot of variety.
- If you want to make some income from your blogging, you can always go to WordPress.org. It is one of the best blogging platforms for e-commerce.
- It gives you a lot of scopes to learn and expand. There are plenty of forums and communities to help you along the way if you find it difficult.
- Self-hosting for WordPress.org requires you to invest some money in it. But hey, the more you are prepared to invest, the more profit you can get, especially if you are using the blog as part of your business and not just as a hobby.
- There are limited plugins and designs available for WordPress.com, but still on par with other blogging platforms.
- It takes time to understand all the features before getting the maximum benefit and thus it is time-consuming and challenging for a beginner.
Difference between WORDPRESS.COM and WORDPRESS.ORG
The basic difference when it comes to differentiating between the two is the domain name. If you’ve looked specifically, one has an an.org extension while the other has a .com extension. Now the mystery begins!
WordPress.com: is a software services-based company that provides large-scale hosting services.
WordPress.org: more as an informative data container that basically contains information related to Word Press and its various aspects.
WordPress.com: Provides hosting services completely free. Although the installation part is a bit tricky.
WordPress.org: This service is a free and open-source platform that provides quality products to its users.
WordPress.com: Not Customizable. No personal plug-ins or modifications of source code are allowed.
WordPress.org: Customization made quite possible. Modification of source code is easy to get the best benefits.
WordPress.com: To remove third-party ads you have to Pay.
WordPress.org: No such payment fees are required.
Set up your own blog with WEEBLY
Weebly is mostly used as a website builder. With Weebly, you can get your blog up and running in no time.
- The easy drag and drop option, therefore, provides a visual interface when creating website content.
- It gives you a great ease of use.
- Attractive design and layout options
- Not time-consuming because it is relatively easy to learn how to get around it
- Ideal for users who want to create a small or simple website
- Free hosting services offered for their sites
- Is a platform designed for e-commerce?
- You can activate Monetization easily.
- Not an open source website builder. Other players in the platform Do not offer more flexibility than s
- There is a ban on pages for free and starter plans – 5 pages for the former and 10 pages for the latter. However, two upgrades are available from the starter plan
- Lack of customization capabilities
- Tax Does not support additional plugins other than pre-built plugins. Therefore, there is no option to install more plugins of your choice.
- Not ideal for those who want to earn revenue using complex websites
What makes Blogger the best blogging platform?
Blogger is an online content management system (CMS) that facilitates the creation of informal online discussion sites, also known as blogs. To use Blogger, users must create a Google Account; Individuals with an existing Gmail email address can use this account
- You will be provided with a custom domain name which is basically yourname.blogspot.com. is as
- It offers special free hosting and publishing facilities that are taken care of by the site itself.
- If you are a beginner, this free blogging site is definitely recommended for you, as it is explained with a step-by-step procedure to use the graphical interface.
- The targeted benefits of Blogger are very good. However, customization features are not so readily available and there is a kind of limited edition graphics and theme for the same.
- As it is relatively easy to use, there are only limited or no support services provided by the site. However, when you start your blog you can search the web for any help you need.
Tumblr – one of the best blogging platforms
Tumblr has its own place among the free blogging sites. It is certainly quite an arena that basically works equally in community-based updates and posts and has a one-stop-shop look with its image galleries.
Listed below are some pros and cons that will help differentiate you from other best blogging platforms and give you a clear understanding of which platform to choose for your specific needs. Go ahead and look at them.
- Simple and minimalistic features with a great user interface that helps you start your own blog for your specific purpose.
- Similar to social networking sites, it is a community-based website with an excellent image gallery with re-blogging features and the like.
- In addition to the affordable hosting features it offers, high-end premium themes are available at an affordable price. Starting a Tumblr blog is really free!
- Offering attractive apps for a variety of smartphones makes it a great choice among the best blogging platforms.
- Customization features have not yet been provided to suit your needs for this comprehensive platform. This is a major downside of an otherwise amazing free blogging site.
- There are only a limited number of widgets and options available for you to use.
Squarespace – one of the best blogging platforms
Being able to create a highly potential website with the increased functionality is a specific thing that is more in demand in the current market scenario. There are many potential website builders to cater to your respective needs and Squarespace is a free blogging platform that provides such additional functionality.
However, you might want to check the positive and negative factors before concluding whether this is the best blogging platform.
- It is easy to construct and is highly functional. The stage is actually very comfortable to use.
- Factors of user-friendliness and flexibility are enormous. Great themes are available for you to use.
- Full-time instant support is available to all Squarespace users.
- User and updating are not required and all updates to themes and plugins are done on the server-side.
- Not suitable for hi-fi users who demand more professionalism of a given design. However, there are minimal design options available if you wish to choose.
- Premium packages are slightly ahead of the cheaper range.
- It is not an open-source platform.
Medium one of the other best blogging platforms?
When it comes to building your blog through a standard blogging platform, there are many services available online that provide the same at an affordable cost. In this huge competition, what is quite remarkable is the Medium blogging platform.
Listed below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of eliminating the medium as the best blogging platform for your excellent blogging and business needs.
- The target audience is quite good. Some of the best exposures are available on such platforms.
- It is easy to use and is quite user-friendly.
- It claims an economical cost for the facilities and such hosting.
- Typography is something that you can be absolutely confident about. Such material looks very good here.
- Updation and maintenance work is done by professionals, so you do not have to worry about regular updation tasks.
- Stiff competition is its biggest drawback. The published material and content should be highly specialized and of a high standard.
- Customization features are not available and there are a limited amount of themes you can choose from.
- Exposure to the audience is limited to the time period of the work.
- Designing is not what is specifically offered here. It is a more content-based website than a free blogging site.
What makes Ghost stand out among other best blogging platforms?
A brand new blogging platform that came into existence in the year 2013, this original website has taken the internet by storm. It is an exclusive free blogging platform developed solely for blogging purposes and is greatly appreciated for its exclusive fresh and rich content and great user experience.
Listed below are some features that will help you determine the applicability of this blogging platform designed to meet your specific business objectives in a big way. Go ahead and see!
- It is very easy to use. The website is so user-friendly and highly functional in all its aspects.
- The thing that makes it more attractive is its excellent simplicity. It is highly flexible and is also suitable for naive users. It is the best demand for use by all blogging novices.
- Abstraction is provided on a new scale. Modulation of the site is done specifically to suit the different design and content requirements of the users concerned.
- There is a shortage of real users for this platform and you can especially see that this platform is still in the beta testing phase of the test lifecycle.
- This platform is missing widgets and plug-ins which is quite harmful compared to other similar sites!
- Being new to the market, this particular platform largely lacks basic user reviews.
- Choosing the best blogging platform for you is quite an important call. Thoroughly weigh your needs and skills to make an informed decision!